Every year we release our annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report. This is a key part of our commitment to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), the largest sustainability initiative in the world.
Following its 10 principles ensures our responsibilities towards human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption is crucial to how we do business and how we engage with our employees.
We’re delighted to announce our 2022 report is out now reporting on our 2021 achievements and activities.
Highlights from the report include:
- How the Covid-19 pandemic caused a major shift in working practices, particularly at the height of the crisis, with government advice around the world being to work from home wherever possible. We share how we adapted and continue to adapt.
- Living CSR and ED&I: highlighting our journey of discovery, growing diversity and inclusion at Crown. We heavily focused on three main areas: visibility, raising awareness and inclusion. See how in the report, page 26.
- We explore our people making a difference around the world and share stories from Switzerland, Hong Kong, Brazil, Malaysia and the U.K. and more.
- Being recognized for living Our Purpose in the work our people do, internally and how they interact with our customers.
- The report also features a message from our CEO, Ken Madrid and uncovers more of our 2021 achievements and future commitments, as we continue to support our employees, local communities, and our environment.
We’re proud of all the great work and contributions our employees have made to make Crown a better place and look forward to seeing what we can achieve in this year.